FIRSTLY DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU WANT TO SELL AND WHAT YOU WANT TO SELL WILL DETERMINE THE TYPE OF PERMIT YOU REQUIRE:
EITHER A ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PERMIT ISSUED BY THE SANTA CLARA COUNTY OR A PROCESSED FOOD REGISTRATION ISSUED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA OR A TEMPORARY FOOD PERMIT FOR FARMERS MARKETS.
CALL IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS AND NEED MORE ELABORATION : 408 816 7854
1. Pick a Unique and Creative name for your business.
2. Decide if you want to operate as a sole propieter, LLC or Corporation. Get advise from an accountant if not sure.
3. Record your business name at the Santa Clara County Recorders office: 70W Hedding St. San Jose.
Register your company with the secreterary of state http://www.ss.ca.gov
4. Sign up for a kitchen contract with us.
Contract cost will be $1000 + first month ( depending on package chosen)
First month will only start when permitted and kitchen or parking usage starts.
The Department of Environmental Health will require a commissary approval form and kitchen and or parking contract.
WE WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH THE FORMS REQUIRED TO APPLY FOR YOUR PERMIT.
5. Apply for a Health Permit at Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health.
Address: 1555 Berger Drive, #300, www.ehinfo.com .
This process can take 3-6 weeks.
Permit Costs approximately $460
The steps below can all be done after you apply for a permit and are waiting for approval.
6. You or any 1 member of your team will be required to complete the Food Safety Manager Certificate
www.servesafe.com - around $150
7. An Insurance policy with at least $1million minimum coverage where SJKR is named
on the policy as additionally insured. Food Liability Insurance Program is one of the companies you could use.
www.fliprogram.com around $350 annual.
5. Register your name at the recorders office - 70 W Hedding St. San Jose.
6. Apply for a reseller's permit at BOE, Board Of Equalisation, 250 S 2nd st.
7. Get a business license - City of San Jose - City hall
Please feel free to call me with any questions.
Gooch Patel 408 816 7854
WE ARE NOT ATTORNEYS AND ARE NOT ACCOUNTANTS AND DO NOT PROVIDE LEGAL OR ACCOUNTING ADVICE.
THE ABOVE ARE SIMPLE GUIDELINES INTENDED TO PROVIDE A HELPFUL STARTING POINT AS TO THE STEPS THAT MAY BE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO TO SET UP AND OPERATE YOUR BUSINESS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURATENESS OF THE ABOVE INFORMATION. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY AND/OR AN ACCOUNTANT TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE TAKING ALL NECASSARY AND REQUIRED LEGAL STEPS IN ORDER TO BOTH SET UP AND OPERATE YOUR BUSINESS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND ORDINANCES.